Shelter | Children
| Legal | Counseling
Transitions offers emergency, short-term and transitional shelter facilities that provide safe environments for clients to end abuse, develop short and long-term goals, and increase independence and well-being.
Our shelter services include, but not limited to:
- Assessment, adult and child safety planning and intervention services
- Case Management
- Employment & Permanent Housing Assistance
- Self-sufficiency education classes
- Legal advocacy
- Supportive Counseling
For more information, call our 24-hour HOTLINE at (757) 723-7774
(Formerly Called "Protect Our Kids")
Children who witness and/or experience domestic violence experience many harmful effects including increased anxiety and trauma, poor school performance and delayed or impaired social skills. Many of them grow up to repeat the pattern as the abuser or the victim. Child clients are encouraged to develop coping skills and positive behaviors to break the cycle of violence and become healthy, productive adults.
Our children services include:
- Assessment, safety planning and intervention services
- Art and play therapy
- Case Management
- Advocacy with school enrollment and transportation
- After-school tutoring program
- Nurturing and parenting education
For more information,
here or please call our 24-hour HOTLINE at (757) 723-7774 or 757-728-2639
Transitions offers legal advocacy services to help victims understand their legal rights and civil and criminal remedies to end their abuse. Advocates are available to accompany clients to Hampton, Newport News, and York County/Poquoson courts.
Our legal services include:
- Safety Planning/Lethality Assessment
- Court accompaniment
- Referrals and information
- Attorney Referrals
- Assistance with
For more information, call our 24-hour HOTLINE at (757) 723-7774 or Legal Advocacy Services at (757) 728-2638
Counseling is offered to women and children who may have experienced
or witnessed domestic violence. Therapy is confidential and available by appointment.
For more information, please call our 24-hour HOTLINE at (757) 723-7774 or 757-728-2639
Support Group is offered for survivors of domestic violence. Meetings are held every Tuesday from
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
For location and information, please call our 24-hour HOTLINE at (757) 723-7774 or 757-728-0025.
Counseling for Adults Molested as Children (A.M.A.C) is offered
by appointment only. Please ask for Anne Graber, ATR
For location and information, please call our 24-hour HOTLINE at (757) 723-7774 or 757-728-2639
We help victims of family violence who are formerly sheltered residents or never sheltered residing in the community. Our outreach services include:
- Legal advocacy and safety planning
- Support groups (Childcare provided for evening session)
- Counseling and art therapy
- Outreach to older abused women
- Outreach to military families
- Education to underserved populations (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Hispanic families)
- Donations & Adopt-A-Family program
For more information, call our 24-hour HOTLINE at (757) 723-7774 or Outreach Services at (757) 722-2261